Monday, January 26, 2009

Last Bastion of Hope

My mother made a Facebook. This revealed a couple of things that I did know about life.

1. Generational uncomfortableness. Everyone knows this feeling, even if it's probably not a word in the psychological dictionary. It extends past you doing things you don't want your parents to know about into other mainstream facets of life. Grandmother with a cell phone, mother trying to pop lock and drop it at a high school graduation party, anytime a old person attempts to play a video game, things like that.

2. Your parent asking you to be your friend on Facebook is the summit of this generational uncomfortableness. Everything from seeing the question mark next to his or her face, knowing that there will be a call in forty eight hours asking you how to plug the camera cable into the computer, as if USB port slots magically move around the computer every time to the frantic untagging of pictures screams generational uncomfortableness.

3. I take terrible pictures. I'm not Stu D. Muffin or anything in real life, but my Facebook pictures are horrendous. Why must I smile as if I just received a blumpkin in every single picture?

4. I need to write on this blog more. This blog is the Last Bastion of Hope, never to crumble under the fears of generational uncomfortableness.

No comments:

Post a Comment